The Morning Report
Get the news and information you need to take on the day.
Ten reasons you should go to the Harbor Island Sheraton on Monday morning:
10. You get to hear the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority make its decision on a new airport site.
9. Joe Craver’s ties.
8. Free coffee in the back of the room.
7. You can wager on whether board member William D. Lynch will use the word “sophistry” or call for a vote at 8:05 a.m. That’s how long he recently said he’d need to make his decision (he likes Miramar).
6. Sophistry = A plausible but misleading or fallacious argument.
5. This is arguably the biggest infrastructure project the region will ever consider building. And you get to yell at the people behind it. Or sing their praises.
4. Odds are good that Point Loma resident Jarvis Ross will speak. This is the man who, at a recent authority meeting, lamented that “joint-use” once simply referred to the “sharing of reefer.”
3. You can count how many times board member Mary Teresa Sessom uses the phrase: “What part of no don’t we understand?” (She doesn’t like Miramar.)
2. Seriously, Joe Craver’s ties are a thing to behold.
1. An 8 a.m. airport authority meeting? You need convincing?