The Morning Report
San Diego news and info
you need to take on the day.
We’ve gotten a hold of a number of the business representatives who sit on the San Diego County Taxpayers Association board:
- Mike McDowell, from Atlas Hotels and the Lodging Industry Association, said he supports the initiative to put the airport at Miramar and voted accordingly at the association’s meeting Wednesday.
- David Hicks, spokesman for the South Bay Power Plant and LSP South Bay, said the vote at the taxpayers association was private and he wouldn’t talk about it.
- Andrew Berg, from the National Electrical Contractors Association, said he did vote on the issue but wouldn’t tell us what he decided.
- Peter MacLaggan, from Poseidon Resources Corp., declined to comment. “The board’s decision speaks for itself,” he said.
- Jeff Marston, the political consultant from Marston & Marston, said he abstained from the vote because he has done work for ASAP 21, the airport authority’s booster. He said he, like many others, is simply confused about the issue: both sides seem to have compelling arguments.
“This is one of the messiest issues I’ve ever dealt with,” Marston said.
We’ll keep calling.