The Morning Report
Get the news and information you need to take on the day.
The San Diego Better Business Bureau handed out its Torch Awards on Tuesday at the San Diego Convention Center, honoring “outstanding businesses whose commitment to ethical business practices helps to uphold a fair marketplace.”
The 2006 winners were:
- The Premier Realty Group of Chula Vista
- San Diego Law Firm of Lemon Grove
- Home2Office Computing Solutions of San Diego
- Glen Abbey Memorial Park & Mortuary of Bonita
- Roel Construction Co. Inc. of San Diego
- Drew Ford of La Mesa
- College Loan Corp. of Rancho Bernardo
- San Diego Humane Society and SPCA of San Diego
The BBB encourages businesses to voluntarily monitor their own ethics practices, and works to mediate consumer complaints. The awards program is a way for the BBB to shine a public spotlight on those that are walking the ethical walk.
Ethics, after all, can be a tough thing to enforce. Just ask the city’s Ethics Commission.