San Diego Fire-Rescue has sandbags available in areas of the city that are prone to urban flooding during the winter rains. There is a limit of 10 sandbags per house.
You can inquire about the bags at the following fire and lifeguard stations:
- Kearney Mesa: 3880 Kearney Villa Road (Station 28).
- Pacific Beach: 750 Grand Avenue (Station 21).
- San Ysidro: 198 W. San Ysidro Blvd. (Station 29).
- Scripps Ranch: 11640 Spring Canyon Road (Station 37).
- Tierrasanta: 4949 La Cuenta Drive (Station 39).
Sandbags are also available at the lifeguard stations in Pacific Beach, Mission Beach and Ocean Beach. People with access to beach areas will also be able to use beach sand, the department said.