Want the news summarized?
Subscribe to The Morning Report.
A month ago, Lakes Entertainment described a very different Jamul casino than it now does.
- 75,000 square feet of casino space
- 2,000 slots and 75 table games
- Opening estimated late 2008
I checked back on Lakes Entertainments’ Jamul casino website today, and the proposal looks a bit different. The tribe has said it will build a casino with bingo-style slot machines, not Vegas-style games, allowing it to move ahead without state approval.
There’s no longer any estimate of the casino’s square footage on Lakes’ website. The tribe won’t say what its casino will ultimately look like, so this is as much insight as can be gleaned now. Those new highlights include:
- 1,000 gaming devices, 20 table games and 5 poker tables.
- Opening estimated January 2009.
For background on the Jamul casino, read our most recent story.