This Top 10 Lifetime San Diegans comes courtesy of Ann:
- Mike Aguirre, city attorney.
- Richard Amero, historian.
- Colonel Charlie Collier.
- Philip Crosthwaite, former soldier, otter hunter and alcalde.
- Bea Evenson, Balboa Park activist.
- Donna Frye, city councilwoman.
- Bob Johnston, who ran the storied, burlesque Hollywood Theatre.
- George Marston, a civic leader in the 1800s.
- Ephraim Morse, early American settler.
- Kate Sessions, horticulturalist.
- Thomas Whaley, owner of the Tienda General, or General Store, in Old Town in the 1800s.
Wow. Ann knows her San Diego history. Her list is also a Top 11. I guess people like 11 more than 10. (Click on the links for more on these historical characters.)
It’s come to my attention that to be considered a Top 10 Lifetime San Diegan by the chamber’s standards, you may have had to be born and raised here.
Either way, this is fun. I’ve got more to type up after lunch. So please keep your lists coming.