The Morning Report
Get the news and information you need to take on the day.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
- First things first. Click here for a quick rundown of some of the best or most important news from voiceofsandiego.org in August.
- As reported in This Just In, Minneapolis StarTribune editor and publisher Joel Kramer announced the creation of MinnPost.com, a nonprofit daily modeled after voiceofsandiego.org.
Scott Lewis was quoted in a New York Times article about the announcement.
- Education reporter and Web whiz Vlad Kogan left Voice last week to pursue a prestigious doctorate program at UCSD. Vlad was an amazing addition to the Voice team, and we wish him well in graduate school.
- Scott Lewis dodged a bullet this week when 10News reporter Marti Emerald officially announced her intention to run for City Council. While Emerald’s statement came as no surprise, disappointment was palpable in the Voice office as reporters realized Lewis wouldn’t be running through Civic Center Plaza in a Scooby-Doo outfit as they’d hoped. Click here to see SLOP’s reaction to the news.
- Lastly, Andrew Donohue is set to appear on Editor’s Roundtable Friday to discuss the Labor Day melee at Pacific Beach and Kevin Faulconer’s proposed alcohol ban. Should be an interesting discussion.
That’s all for now. Check back next week to find out what’s happening at voiceofsandiego.org