Want the news summarized?
Subscribe to The Morning Report.
New San Diego City Council President Ben Hueso is recommending Kevin Faulconer to serve as council president pro tem as part of his appointments for 2009.
The council president pro tem runs the council meetings in the president’s absence. Faulconer is one of two Republicans on the council and was among the six members who voted last week to select Hueso as council president over Donna Frye. Hueso’s appointments for president pro tem and for council committees must receive the OK of the City Council, which is slated to vote tomorrow afternoon on appointments.
Here are Hueso’s picks for council committees:
- Rules, Open Government, and Intergovernmental Relations Committee: Hueso (chairman), Faulconer (vice chairman), Todd Gloria, Tony Young, Frye.
- Land Use and Housing Committee: Gloria (chairman), Sherri Lightner (vice chairwoman), Faulconer, Young.
- Natural Resources and Culture Committee: Frye (chairwoman), Carl DeMaio (vice chairman), Lightner, Marti Emerald.
- Public Safety and Neighborhood Services Committee: Emerald (chairwoman), Young (vice chairman), Gloria, Frye.
- Budget and Finance Committee: Young (chairman), Faulconer (vice chairman), Gloria, DeMaio, Emerald.
- Audit Committee: Faulconer (chairman), DeMaio.