Journalism won’t die if you donate. Support Voice of San Diego today!
The office of Mayor Jerry Sanders has set up a webpage to solicit ideas for closing the huge budget gap for the fiscal year starting July 1.
Also, Councilman Tony Young, who leads the Budget Committee, has arranged a series of meetings where the public is being urged to share their thoughts on the budget. Here are the dates:
- Friday, Jan. 30, 2-5 p.m., City Hall
- Wednesday, Feb. 4, 6-8 p.m., Joe and Vi Jacobs Center, 404 Euclid Ave.
- Saturday, Feb. 14, 9 a.m. to noon, Mira Mesa Library, 8405 New Salem St.
- Saturday, Feb. 21, 9 a.m. to noon, Hoover High School auditorium, 4474 El Cajon Blvd.
- Wednesday, Feb. 25, 9 a.m. to noon, City Hall
- Thursday, Feb. 26, 6-8 p.m., Lewis Middle School, 5170 Greenbrier Ave.
Of course, we’d also like to hear your ideas for balancing the budget this year. If you have specific suggestions, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post some of them here.