I know that it’s late on a Friday, but I wanted to post the Office of the Independent Budget Analyst’s report on Mayor Jerry Sanders’ budget proposal for your perusal this weekend and going forward.
I gave the report the once over and want to highlight a few of the office’s recommendations:
- Cut more vacant police officer positions and use the savings to restore some of the proposed civilian police layoffs.
- Get more information on the proposal to reduce services on a rotational basis at various fire stations.
- Hear the final report from the Mayor’s Fiscal Task Force at the City Council’s budget committee.
- Examine structural retiree health care and pension reforms.
- Study storm water and/or refuse collection to prepare for future fees.
— LIAM DILLON