Good morning from Hillcrest.
- We’ll lead off today with the latest from the Reader on the lawsuit filed by a former city of San Diego employee who alleges Mayor Jerry Sanders had him fired after the employee gave information to the FBI.
- The city’s seal problem just might be going away. A City Council committee forwarded a plan to manage the seals’ hangout in La Jolla to the full council.
- The U-T’s editorial board weighs in on outsourcing IT services and expanding the Convention Center.
- Individual water meters will start popping up on new apartment complexes starting June after City Council approved a plan yesterday.
- County Supervisor Pam Slater-Price accepted more than $3,500 in gifts last year, a new report shows.
- And our latest Fact Check TV includes checks about school test scores, Council President Ben Hueso and healthcare.
— LIAM DILLON