The Morning Report
Get the news and information you need to take on the day.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Good morning from Hillcrest.
- We’ll lead off the day with my piece on the District 8 election contest between Felipe Hueso and Nick Inzunza Sr., representatives of two well-known political families in San Diego’s southernmost neighborhoods. Neither the Huesos nor the Inzunzas say the race is a dynasty or rivalry, but Inzunza is sore that Hueso didn’t stay out.
- Cleaning up toxic pollution below the Qualcomm Stadium site has cost San Diegans another $600,000 in consulting and legal fees.
- We Fact Check a U-T story on the appraisal for the Convention Center expansion property and clarify our own, too.
- The city agreed to pay $284,000 to settle a lawsuit related to the Mount Soledad landslide in 2007.
- CityBeat posts the full e-mail exchange involving District 6 City Council candidate Lorie Zapf and an anti-gay activist where Zapf criticizes homosexuals. CityBeat earlier had written a story about the e-mails.
— LIAM DILLON