The Morning Report
San Diego news and info
you need to take on the day.
Financial Reforms That Trigger a Sales Tax Increase
1. Eliminate city payments to employee portion of pension contributions for non-unionized employees, known as the “pickup.”
4. Request qualifications from private companies for taking over the city’s Miramar landfill.
5. Eliminate “terminal leave” or the practice of allowing city employees to stay on the payroll rather than being paid a lump sum of accrued vacation prior to their departure.
6. Reduce pension “pickup” payments for union employees.
8. Request bids for the city’s information technology services.
9. Establish a pension plan with reduced benefits for new firefighters.
10. Establish a voluntary 401(k)-style retirement plan for all city employees subject to IRS approval.