The Idea Tournament
Join the Best Brains in San Diego in the Idea Tournament
Do you think you have a great solution to one of the biggest challenges facing San Diego? If so, you should be competing in Voice of San Diego’s Politifest Idea Tournament, presented by SDG&E. Sign up in advance to speak at the Idea Tournament to be held Sept. 29 at Politifest 2012.
Whether its water conservation, sustainable energy, education, transportation or any other issue, we want to hear your ideas. Here’s how it works:
• The deadline has passed for submitting ideas. Next up: We’re posting the ideas as letters to the editor so check them out.
• VOSD members will vote on the best ideas. We’ll then announce six contenders (Not a member? Join now to vote).
• At Politifest on Sept. 29, each of the six finalists will have five minutes to pitch their idea to a panel. The panel rates the ideas and two finalists advance.
• The crowd at Politifest will vote on a winner.
• The winner will receive an “idea-inspired” trophy custom-designed by former City Councilwoman Donna Frye. VOSD CEO Scott Lewis will also write about the winner’s idea. Check out last year’s winner, Christopher Yanov.
Also, we’d love to see high school and college groups to join in and show us what they’re envisioning for their city. Their parents or teachers can email Summer at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.