Want the news summarized?
Subscribe to The Morning Report.
The San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce is honoring what it calls the “Top 10 Lifetime San Diegans.”
(Drum roll, please)
Here they are:
- Developer and philanthropist Malin Burnham.
- San Diego County Supervisors Greg Cox and Dianne Jacob.
- Hotelier Ann Evans
- Kris Michell, a top aide to Mayor Jerry Sanders.
- Restaurateur Ralph Rubio.
- Former Chargers linebacker (and current New England Patriot) Junior Seau.
- Indian gaming leader Danny Tucker.
- Former Port Commissioner Frank Urtasun.
- Congressman Brian Bilbray.
They will be honored in the chamber’s quarterly business magazine, Business Action.
Update: The chamber’s Scott Alevy just called asking if we could update this post. He said emphatically that the chamber went to great lengths not to call this list a “Top 10” and wanted our post to reflect that.
I guess he didn’t read his own press release. The chamber’s own e-mail unveiling the awards announces “Top 10” in the subject line, the headline and two of its four paragraphs.
The headline: “San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce Honors Top 10 Lifetime San Diegans.”