Unless specifically restricted, Voice of San Diego allows others to republish our articles free of charge as long as you adhere to the below conditions.
Note: Our content sharing policy only applies to work by staff reporters. Certain articles, including freelance copy, commentary and reader letters, are not included in the program.
Content Sharing Policy Conditions
- Clearly credit the author and Voice of San Diego in the byline (e.g., Scott Lewis, Voice of San Diego).
- Embed the VOSD logo (square version or horizontal version) somewhere on the story page. Email VOSD if you need higher-resolution logo images for print.
- If republished online, please include the following:
- Text can be edited only to reflect changes in time. (For example, “yesterday” can be changed to “last week.”) Headlines can only be edited for length (if it is too long). Any further changes must be approved, please contact Andrea Lopez-Villfaña.
- Photographs, graphics and illustrations are not part of the free-sharing program and cannot be republished without specific permission. You may create your own graphics and illustrations if you like, but you must then include attribution that says “Editorial note: This image was created by [insert name of your news organization]. It was not created by Voice of San Diego.”
- If you’d like to use one of our photos, graphics or illustrations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for permission. When and if permission has been granted by a member of our staff, you must then include attribution to the photographer or designer. “Photo by [photographer’s name] / Voice of San Diego” or “Graphic by [designer’s name] / Voice of San Diego.”