Journalism won’t die if you donate. Support Voice of San Diego today!
These were the most-read stories for the week of April 22-28.
1. Photos: DEA Raids Downtown Medical Marijuana Dispensary
Protesters jeered as officials from the DEA and Sheriff’s Department removed boxes of evidence from the facility.
2. There’s Not Much ‘Uniquely San Diego’ About Chain-Food Mexican
The new San Diego airport terminal wants to be “uniquely ‘San Diego’” – so why is its Mexican restaurant a chain?
3. San Diego’s Marijuana Confusion Hits a New High
A whacky week in medical marijuana news as contradictions abound.
4. Explainer: The Rocky Road to Recall
The word can get tossed around casually, but it entails a brutal, months-long process that can consume millions and grind public work to a halt.
5. 3 Takeaways from the Big Union Push
City labor leaders ask for 14.5 percent pay hike over the next five years.
6. Big Bond Lawsuit Raises Key Questions for SD Unified
As it gears up to borrow and spend $2.8 billion in bond money, is San Diego Unified opening itself up to more lawsuits like one it recently lost?
7. How Land Use Policy Can Make or Break the SD Beer Scene
Accommodating growth for one of the city’s most popular industries may come down to land use policy.
8. Sports Report: Chargers’ GM First Pick Not Sitting Well
And more in our…
9. Morning Report: How a Recall Would Work
City streets fall behind in budget, early warnings at nuke plant, LA Times may go right-ward.
10. False District 4 Claims Still False
Conservative group repeats incorrect statement about candidate Myrtle Cole.
Like VOSD on Facebook.
Voice of San Diego is a nonprofit that depends on you, our readers. Please donate to keep the service strong. Click here to find out more about our supporters and how we operate independently.