Journalism won’t die if you donate. Support Voice of San Diego today!
Anyone who’s tried to cross the border at San Ysidro knows the endeavor usually involves a long wait.
But government agencies and local officials are working to make two to three-hour delays at the Port of Entry a thing of the past.
Jason Wells is executive director of the San Ysidro Chamber of Commerce. He joined us on the podcast this week to riff on the projects in the works or already underway, including a new pedestrian walkway on Virginia Avenue.
Download the episode below, or check us out on iTunes and Stitcher for easy mobile access.
• Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor spoke in San Diego this week and cohost Scott Lewis was there. Check out the iCivics program O’Connor touted during her speech.
• You can read more about our Hero of the Week in reporter Mario Koran’s latest.
• See CityBeat columnist John Lamb’s outstanding tweet for pictorial evidence of our Goat of the Week.
• We talked about the city’s efforts to shape up in pothole repair. If you want to know ahead of time when repair crews will be cruising your district, see the city’s patching schedule.
• Register for our June 5 SeaWorld conversation. We’ll have the experts on stage with representatives from SeaWorld, and we’ll be taking your questions by text.