Want the news summarized?
Subscribe to The Morning Report.
Who We Are:
In our binational San Diego-Tijuana region, giving back to your community often results in cross-border philanthropy and collaboration. But international philanthropy is not easy. How do you know what the most urgent challenges are? How do you identify qualified partners, and ensure that your donations are being used effectively and responsibly? Born out of the San Diego Foundation in 1990, the International Community Foundation was founded to turn this unique challenge into a valuable opportunity for San Diego donors.
The International Community Foundation is an international nonprofit organization, which seeks to inspire international charitable giving by U.S. donors, particularly those with an interest in Northwest Mexico, to strengthen civil society and promote sustainable communities. For over 25 years ICF has been the nonprofit foundation of choice for U.S. donors who are passionate about improving the quality of life for the communities they care about in Baja California peninsula, other regions of Mexico, and throughout Latin America.
What We Do:
- Manage the International Grantmaking process to over 100 partner organizations.
- Serve as Professional Philanthropic Advisors, researching relevant challenges and identifying custom grantmaking alternatives to achieve our donor’s philanthropic goals.
- Ensure Due Diligence and Accountability of our grantee organizations to ensure that your donations are used responsibly.
- Offer Full Tax Deductibility for contributions.
- Serve as a Thought-Leader to increase awareness of philanthropy’s role and impact in communities.
- Leverage diverse stakeholders in philanthropy to help bring more resources to the communities we support.
Our Diverse Portfolio:
We work with local organizations, as well as multinational private and public sector stakeholders to provide a holistic set of solutions to improve the communities where we work.
Education, Arts & Culture: ICF is working to keep kids in school and improve the quality of education in Mexico through scholarships, teacher trainings, and innovative art, music, library and sports programs.
Environment & Conservation: ICF focuses on coastal, marine, and terrestrial areas of high biodiversity and native and migratory species. We are proud of our legacy tackling tough issues like clean air, groundwater, urban mobility and land-use zoning in coastal communities in Baja California and the Gulf of California region, as well Central America and the Galapagos.
Health: ICF invests in innovative interventions and convenes key partners to address high rates of chronic and communicable diseases, such as diabetes, cancer, and tuberculosis, as well as limited access to quality healthcare throughout Mexico.