Reader JL sends us to this page and tells me that the official name for my haircut is a “buzz cut.” Sweet. Thanks JL.

Here’s a passage:

A buzz cut (wiffle and crew cut are more or less synonymous terms) is the American name for a type of haircut named after the sound of the electric clippers which are used to shear the hair very closely to the scalp. It is one of the most rapid haircuts possible, and can take little more than a minute to cut when done with good quality clippers. A buzz cut also makes the face look more defined and the jaw wider.

I didn’t realize that the definitions for haircuts could be so interesting.


Leave a comment

We expect all commenters to be constructive and civil. We reserve the right to delete comments without explanation. You are welcome to flag comments to us. You are welcome to submit an opinion piece for our editors to review.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.