So it’s been almost a week since I first started calling the county supervisors to try and get them to weigh in on the county’s decision to keep secret an investigation into allegations of impropriety at a program the county runs.
So far, none of the supervisors has found the time to speak to me about the California Children’s Services program, which is primarily funded by state money and provides wheelchairs and other medical devices to children with disabilities.
Only two of the county’s elected officials have contacted me at all. Supervisor Greg Cox issued a short statement last week and Supervisor Dianne Jacob’s spokeswoman Jen Stone sent over a more lengthy statement yesterday.
Bill Horn’s spokesman said the supervisor wouldn’t be commenting.
Pam Slater-Price’s chief of staff John Weil, on the other hand, hasn’t taken my calls and has been away from his desk every time I’ve called. I’ve left him three messages and he hasn’t responded to any of them.
Ron Roberts’ spokesman Jim Duffy told me he had passed on my message to Roberts, but the supervisor hasn’t called, e-mailed or otherwise made contact. I’m not surprised by that, Roberts has never responded to any of my calls during the time I’ve been at voiceofsandiego.org.
Then there’s county Counsel John Sansone. He’s been MIA too. I’ve called Sansone every business day since last Wednesday but he hasn’t called me back yet. I got an e-mail from him yesterday, which I responded to with further questions, but he hasn’t e-mailed me back or called me.