The Morning Report
San Diego news and info
you need to take on the day.
Good morning from Hillcrest.
- Think of this next time you hit a pothole driving around the city of San Diego. The city’s streets have gotten worse under Mayor Jerry Sanders and a city estimate indicates he’ll likely leave office with the road system in worse shape than when he arrived. And that’s happening despite a massive increase in road repair dollars.
- City Councilwoman Donna Frye didn’t contribute to the restored funding of the city’s fire pits even though there are some in her district. The U-T asks why.
- Former Centre City Development Corp. head Nancy Graham did not have her conflict-of-interest charges dismissed at a San Diego Ethics Commission hearing last night. She has a full hearing scheduled for next week.
- A note I missed from earlier in the week. Our own Scott Lewis takes on the mayor over his claims of “diversity” in his Ethics Commission appointments.
- And check out our latest San Diego Explained. This one tells you what the city’s Independent Budget Analyst Andrea Tevlin does.
View more news videos at: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/video.
— LIAM DILLON