The Morning Report
Get the news and information you need to take on the day.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Good morning from Hillcrest.
- Think of this next time you hit a pothole driving around the city of San Diego. The city’s streets have gotten worse under Mayor Jerry Sanders and a city estimate indicates he’ll likely leave office with the road system in worse shape than when he arrived. And that’s happening despite a massive increase in road repair dollars.
- City Councilwoman Donna Frye didn’t contribute to the restored funding of the city’s fire pits even though there are some in her district. The U-T asks why.
- Former Centre City Development Corp. head Nancy Graham did not have her conflict-of-interest charges dismissed at a San Diego Ethics Commission hearing last night. She has a full hearing scheduled for next week.
- A note I missed from earlier in the week. Our own Scott Lewis takes on the mayor over his claims of “diversity” in his Ethics Commission appointments.
- And check out our latest San Diego Explained. This one tells you what the city’s Independent Budget Analyst Andrea Tevlin does.
— LIAM DILLON