On the panel were:
- Vladimir Kogan, a former writer for voiceofsandiego.org, who now is a Ph. D. candidate at UCSD and co-author of “Paradise Plundered,” a soon-to-be-released book about San Diego’s fiscal problems.
- Erik Bruvold, the president of the National University System Institute for Policy Research and a “recovering economic developer.”
- Susan Tinsky, the executive director of the San Diego Housing Federation, an affordable housing advocate.
- Murtaza Baxamusa, the director of planning and development at the Building Trades Family Housing Corp.
- Scott Lewis, CEO of voiceofsandiego.org, hosted and moderated.