The Morning Report
San Diego news and info
you need to take on the day.
1. Read This Before You Commit to a Solar Company
Going solar can be a complicated process. Here’s how to avoid the worst-case scenario.
2. Lessons I Learned from Going Solar
Going solar taught me three big things: Get lots of bids. “Borrow” the best ideas. And don’t count on your top bidder’s survival.
3. Good News and Bad News for the Chargers Task Force
A math error could mean an extra $80 million for the plan to build a new Chargers stadium.
4. The Sticking Points at the Heart of San Diego’s Biggest Growth Fights
Density, transportation, drought – they’re all coming into play as we look ahead to watch the San Diego region grow.
5. Desal Deal Leaves San Diego With Extra Water in Drought
This year, San Diego will be using expensive desalinated water while cheaper water is sent to a reservoir, where some of it will evaporate.
6. Opinion: Time for the Poway Unified Board to Crack the Whip
Poway resident Tom Moore: How do we make our district work within the law? The answer is fairly simple, but board members need to get moving to fulfill their duties to our communities.
7. The Learning Curve: The Truth About Charters and Special Ed
The common gripe is that charters work the system to exclude special ed students. The real story isn’t quite so convenient.
8. The Chargers Stadium Plan Would Cost Taxpayers Almost $1 Billion
An analysis of the Chargers stadium plan released by this week shows that once you factor in some costs the task force left out, the bill gets even higher.
9. SANDAG Isn’t Good at Predicting Population Growth
SANDAG’S growth projections inform long-term decisions on housing, water and transportation. But they’ve overestimated how many people will come since 1990.
10. A Big Solar Deal-Sweetener Might Be Dead Soon
A federal solar tax rebate is set to expire at the end of next year, a change that could up the time it takes for solar to pay off.