The Morning Report
San Diego news and info
you need to take on the day.
Council President Scott Peters announced the committee assignments for the 2007 calendar year … and they look very much the same.
All five of the council’s committees, which usually serve to vet proposed legislation or review the performance of city departments, will be chaired by the same council member.
Councilman Tony Young will remain as the council president pro-tem, meaning he will preside over the council when Peters is unavailable.
Here are the committee assignments:
- Rules: Peters (chair), Young and Donna Frye, Brian Maienschein and Jim Madaffer.
- Land Use and Housing: Madaffer (chair), Ben Hueso, Toni Atkins and Young. .
- Natural Resources and Culture: Frye (chair), Hueso, Maienschein and Kevin Faulconer.
- Public Safety and Neighborhood Services: Maienschein (chair), Young, Faulconer and Hueso.
- Budget and Finance: Atkins (chair), Peters, Faulconer, Frye and Madaffer.