The Morning Report
San Diego news and info
you need to take on the day.
Here’s your roundup of local housing and economy stories from around the region this weekend:
- Rich Toscano reports for us that “the number of existing homes for sale in San Diego hit multi-year lows in October.”
- Commercial tenants here have more bargaining power than they’ve had in years because of trouble in the commercial real estate sector (via Union-Tribune).
- Doug and Betsy Manchester’s La Jolla estate is selling for $18.15 million, a price a local agent deems the second-highest in La Jolla’s history (via U-T). Here are some photos of the estate.
- You may be eligible for a homebuyer tax credit. Columnist Kathy Kristof breaks down the new program that President Obama signed Friday (via Los Angeles Times).
- Finally, here’s a look at a big leak on Thursday night at Vantage Pointe, a large condo project still finishing construction in downtown San Diego. Our news partners at NBC 7/39 captured some photographs of the leak, and CBS8 took this video.
All is well. No one’s homes hit. Just dealing w/repairs now. And had big al fresco pizza party. 1 way to meet neighbors, huh?