Want the news summarized?
Subscribe to The Morning Report.
Good morning from Hillcrest.
- We’ll lead off with an interesting piece in the U-T about U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s push for the $1.9 billion Sunrise Powerlink project through San Diego County’s back country. Feinstein had said local opposition was minimal, which surprised the local opposition.
- The building lobby is stunned by the county’s decision this week to deny the massive Merriam Mountains development in North County.
- You want Sunday hours at your city of San Diego branch library? It will cost you at least $50,000.
- Another defeat for the District Attorney’s Office in its attempt to prosecute operators of medical marijuana dispensaries happened yesterday.
- Our Fact Check blog found that the owner of land planned for the new Chargers stadium was “misleading” when he said the land could be used instead for high-rise development.
- City Councilwoman Marti Emerald has a new date for her Ethics Commission hearing. And she wants it live on CityTV.
- And last a programming note. I’ll be out of the office Monday and Tuesday next week. See you in April.
— LIAM DILLON