Vote for Suhail Khalil
Peninsula Community Planning Board 2010
Working for Point Loma
Run-Off Election Thursday April 8th at Point Loma / Hervey Library 4-8 pm (3701 Voltaire St)
- Peninsula Community Planning Board member since 2007
- Endorsed by over 200 community leaders & business owners
- CA native, Point Loma home and business owner since 1998
- Professional land use planning, finance and economic background since 1984
- Family man, married 16 years, raising two boys in Point Loma
- Civic Leader, Little League Coach, Boy Scout Leader and Charitable Organizer
Suhail Khalil has a record of fighting for you and our neighborhoods:
- Opposed Destination Lindbergh expansion plans
- Challenged Rock Church special event permits impacting Liberty Station business & residents
- Navy Plume remediation & Truck turn-about resolution impacting La Playa & Wooded Area
- Fights to improve Rosecrans traffic & reduce CO2 emissions through comprehensive planning
- Fights to reduce all environmental impacts of airport on our community–Beacon editorial online
- Challenged City to remove methane gas by pipeline instead of trucking thru neighborhoods
- Fights to close loop-holes allowing “McMansions” to change neighborhood characteristics
- Parks & Open Space advocate – NTC Park, Point Loma Park, Sunset Cliffs and more
- Strengthened community’s credibility with Airport Authority and City Planning Department
Suhail led efforts for:
- Airport monthly meetings – subcommittee chair created online resource tools – http://www.pcpb.net/airport.html
- Greater Transparency & Accountability – coordinated several town hall meetings and updates with Airport Authority
- Stronger Airport Curfew Violations – fighting for community representation on SDIA Curfew Violation Board
- Reduce Airport Impacts – on record opposing significant traffic, noise and air quality impacts on community
- Reduce 250 departures – meets FAA & Airport Authority regularly to reduce number of flights south of Narragansett
- Traffic mitigation – monitors measures to reduce traffic on Rosecrans and N. Harbor Drive
- Legislative support – Senator Kehoe, Congresswomen Davis, Mayor Sanders, Supervisor Cox, Councilman Faulconer
- Neutral Airport Land Use Commission – challenging Airport Authority to resolve conflict of interests
- Stronger community collaboration – Point Loma Association, Liberty Station P-3, Ocean Beach Planning Group,
- PLOBRA, Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Corporation, Midway & North Bay Planning Groups and more
Suhail’s second term Goals & Plan of Action:
- Airport Land Use Commission – seat District 2 representative as a voting member on Airport Authority Board
- SDIA online Flight Tracker – calibrate SDIA system with FAA flight tracking systems and obtain FAA certification
- FAR Part 150 Study (2010) – implement mitigation measures to reduce departing flights over our community
- Terminal Development Project (“Green Build”) – publish baseline carbon foot print to measure “Green” Build
- Ground Transportation Management Plan – implement airport concession model & consolidate rental car facilities
- Air Quality Management Plan – implement aviation incentive program to reduce CO2 emissions on community
- Destination Lindbergh – monitor Teledyne Ryan property and land use to resolve final build-out beyond 2020
- Regional Aviation Strategic Plan – proactive community participation to resolve regional transportation plans
The following comments are unedited, community testimonials.
Re-elect Suhail Khalil to PCPB for a second term I encourage the re-election of Suhail Khalil to the PCPB. I’ve known Suhail for approximately 8 years and his character, qualifications and dedication are all beyond reproach. Suhail possesses a keen awareness of the long-term needs of the community for balanced sustainable development. He is the rare individual who has the skills to lead, the passion for service and the personality to get things done. He enthusiastically listens to all sides of a debate and uses all available information to make a decision for the long-term welfare and health of the Peninsula community. I encourage you to join me in casting your vote for Suhail Khalil.
President, Point Loma Little League
Suhail has repaired the rift between the PCPB and Regional Airport Authority with a “let’s work together” attitude, not an “in your face” opposition mentality. While Suhail has gained respect by the RAA, he has shown strong opposition for Destination Lindbergh, wider paths of aircraft departures, the RAA’s monopolistic land use authority, curfew hour reduction and increased community noise. Suhail is a positive influence on airport issues and he fully supports real world airport solutions that will benefit the Peninsula community. I encourage you to vote for Suhail Khalil on April 8, 2010.”
Point Loma resident and business owner, Member of PCPB Airport Subcommittee, Former Director of Schedule Planning, Pacific Southwest Airlines
Suhail Khalil displays a high level of commitment, energy, goal achievements and leadership in addressing issues that concern all of us in Point Loma. His efforts to oppose Lindbergh expansion, reduce air noise and reduce traffic on Rosecrans are just a few of the many reasons we will be casting a vote for him on April 8th. As a homeowner in Point Loma for over 16 years, we know we can trust Suhail to make the right choices for us!
Richard and June Weiner
Point Loma Homeowners
Dear friends and Point Loma residents.
Please vote for my friend Suhail. I have had the pleasure of interacting with Suhail in both a professional and personal capacity. He is knowledgeable, trustworthy, a good friend, and will continue to represent you well.
Senior IT Systems Engineer, Liberty Station
Confronting permit loop-holes effecting neighborhood characteristics:
Suhail, I just want to compliment you. You did such a fantastic job. You really did well. I really appreciate you doing that. When the conversation got heated at the end it had mirrored everything that everyone in the neighborhood was feeling but felt inappropriate to say. Suhail for Mayor!
Retired Fire Captain, Tivoli Street Homeowner
Mediating concerns on ministerial project impacting neighborhood characteristics:
Suhail, thank you for your presence. I appreciate your balanced approach at the meeting and your ability to have everyone heard and listened too. I want to underline, when we get into these projects, sometimes it’s easy to get caught up into the project itself and not think about the neighbors. I can now say that in future projects I will have more consideration for the neighborhood and its impacts. It was not foremost on our minds. I guess the excitement of the project took its own life. All that said, I appreciate where you are coming from.
Architect for Point Loma remodel
I strongly support your bid for a seat on the PCPB. I have seen the positive effect of your work and feel you have been a tremendous asset in serving our community. You have my vote and I hope the vote of all other residents of the Peninsula.
Liberty Station Homeowner
Suhail and I share many values and goals. I have seen him put those values to work as a father, Little League Coach and Community representative. Help him continue to complete his goal of representing us on the PCPB. It is people like Suhail that help make PL a great place to live and raise a family.
Point Loma Home & Business Owner
Suhail Khalil’s service on the Peninsula Community Planning Board exemplifies the transformation of that board to a high level of effectiveness. Suhail has chaired the Airport Subcommittee and worked tirelessly to represent our community. Log on to pcpb.net and see what has been and is being done to assure that our community has a say in SAN airport planning and expansion. We need to reelect Suhail and maintain the momentum of his efforts. As a frequent attendee of meetings I have the highest opinion of Suhail’s ethics and integrity.
Liberty Station Homeowner, Engineer, Sales and Marketing Exec., Retired
Contact Suhail at (619) 224-1527 or MorningStar.RESVC@cox.net