1. More People, Fewer Homes in Uptown
Uptown’s new community plan could decrease the area’s capacity for new development.
2. Local CBS Shows Cartoons Instead of Basketball, San Diego Freaks Out
Despite channel listings that showed the Virginia Commonwealth versus Michigan game, viewers tuning to CBS 8 in San Diego were instead treated to a revolutionary war cartoon called Liberty’s Kids.
Mayor Bob Filner sent hoteliers a revised tourism marketing agreement.
4. Driving When You Could Bike: Fact Check
City Council President Todd Gloria claimed 40 percent of vehicle trips are shorter than two miles.
5. Fact Check: Myrtle Cole’s Dwellings and Dealings
We’re taking a close look at two claims made by opponents and supporters of Myrtle Cole, one of the leading candidates for the seat.
6. The Candidate and the Troubled Nonprofit
District 4 contender Dwayne Crenshaw celebrates his record at the Coalition of Neighborhood Councils. But his tenure was far from perfect and the group fell apart when he left.
7. Explainer: Putting the Brakes on the Sprinter
North County’s light-rail commuter train is shut down indefinitely. Here’s why.
8. Grocers Reject Genetically Modified Salmon
That makes for a notable milestone in the current food war.
9. Welcome to the Hotelier’s Cabal
Due to numerous management and board missteps, our 2015 centennial celebration is in real jeopardy, and time may be too short to save it.
10. Padres Fans Losing Hope Before the Season Even Begins
The talent that drove the 2012 team to a good second half already seems too injured to contribute. The money that many thought the new ownership would bring might not even exist.
Like VOSD on Facebook.
Voice of San Diego is a nonprofit that depends on you, our readers. Please donate to keep the service strong. Click here to find out more about our supporters and how we operate independently.