|From the Reporter|
|Voice of San Diego is writing about San Diego’s nonsensical sidewalk policies.|
|What We’ve Learned So Far|
|• Homeowners are responsible for maintaining and repairing sidewalks outside their home, but the city’s generally legally responsible if someone trips and falls on the sidewalk.|
• San Diego has some ugly sidewalks.
• Missing sidewalks are another dangerous problem.
• It costs a lot to put in a sidewalk yourself.
• The city found a remedy for bad sidewalks in three neighborhoods. But it never spread further.
• City leaders are making plans to evaluate sidewalks across San Diego, but it might not happen soon.
|What We’re Learning Now|
|Injuries from sidewalk falls can be gruesome, but sidewalk legal claims don’t cost the city much every year.|