This Saturday, Voice of San Diego is hosting the 3rd Annual Politifest, our free, family-friendly festival dedicated to civic engagement and discourse. This year’s theme is “A Celebration of Neighborhoods,” with the day’s focus centered on the vibrancy of San Diego’s local communities.
Programming highlights include:
- The Idea Tournament that will award a $5,000 grant from the Malin Burnham Center for Civic Engagement to a local community organization
- An all-star political panel discussion on the city’s present turmoil featuring Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez, City Councilmen Mark Kersey and Kevin Faulconer, Council President Todd Gloria and Assembly Majority Leader Toni Atkins
- A conversation with San Diego’s new Planning Director Bill Fulton about neighborhood development, both on the SDG&E main stage
- City 101 speed sessions, sponsored by Co-Merge
- So You Want to Get a Community Project Done?
- When Every Second Counts: Emergency Response Delays in San Diego
- The Affordable Care Act and You
There will also be a large Kids Zone, sponsored by UPforED, complete with live animals, inflatable fun, a musical petting zoo and a visit from Curious George.
For parents and grown ups, be sure to drop by the Beer Garden, sponsored by 7 Second Strategies, which will be serving beers generously donated by Stone Brewing. And make sure not to miss the diverse array of community booths that represent a wide swath of San Diego.
WHAT: 3rd Annual Politifest
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 3, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: Liberty Station Central Promenade. 2641 Truxtun Road, San Diego 92106 (Map)
WHY: Celebrate San Diego’s diverse local communities!