Journalism won’t die if you donate. Support Voice of San Diego today!
This is a time of year for reflection, and weighing the inherent value of one’s actions. Hosts Scott Lewis, Andrew Keatts and Sara Libby brandished their proverbial scales to determine some of the best and worst moments of the year. Thus, the first annual Voice of San Diego Podcast naughty and nice list was born.
Here are some highlights:
- Senate Bill 1421, passed this year, opens up a lot of police records for the public.
- The San Diego Union-Tribune was bought by Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, ending tronc’s disastrous reign.
- The San Diego Seals represent a new frontier of hope for San Diego and our sullied sports scene.
- San Diego County determined that its handling of the hepatitis A outbreak was “innovative.”
- The blurring of campaign finance laws. (See: Rep Duncan Hunter and President Donald Trump)
- Republicans acted like it was unreasonable to ask for their opinion on Trump; Democrats acted like it was unreasonable to ask for their opinion on local political heavyweight Mickey Kasparian.