Monday, July 25, 2005 | (Editor’s Note, Aug. 1, 2005) Voice continues to receive e-mails from readers asking about the cows. We are currently working to have a Mexican rancher take the 10 cows.

(Editor’s Note, July 26, 2005) Yesterday, several readers called and e-mailed Voice of San Diego to ask how they could help save the 10 cows. I talked with Larry Hawkins, regional Legislative and Public Affairs Director for the U.S. Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.

Mr. Hawkins sent me an e-mail (read it here). After receiving this e-mail, Neil Morgan, Voice senior editor, sent him an e-mail asking that the euthanasia be delayed for at least 72 hours while we try to work out this difficult situation. – Barbara Bry, Voice Editor in Chief

At about 7 p.m. on July 12, 2005, I went for a walk from my house on Marron Valley Road in Dulzura, Calif., to my land a mile down the road.

Robin Brailsford is an artist who lives and works in San Diego’s east county.

Please e-mail Voice editor Barbara Bry at if you are interested in helping either the man or the animals.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.