Something a little different in “Public Comment” this week. We’re leading off with the issue of interest and then linking to the agendas afterward.
Issue of Interest: City Council will consider giving bid preferences to small and local businesses make local subcontractor participation mandatory for major city public works projects at Monday afternoon’s meeting. Draft guidelines for the program say it would help erase disparities for minority and women contractors. The city’s history on this issue isn’t sterling, as this CityBeat story shows.
- City Council agenda, Jan. 11, 2010.
- City Council closed session agenda, Jan. 11, 2010.
- City Council agenda, Jan. 12, 2010.
- City Council supplemental agenda, Jan.12, 2010.
- Redevelopment Agency special agenda, Jan. 12, 2010.
- Redevelopment Agency agenda, Jan. 12, 2010.
- City Council special agenda, Jan. 13, 2010.
Note: Wednesday’s agenda just is an announcement that council will be attending Mayor Jerry Sanders’ State of the City speech at 6 p.m. at Balboa Theater. We’ll have more on that before Wednesday.
— LIAM DILLON