Want the news summarized?
Subscribe to The Morning Report.
Good morning from Hillcrest.
- Fire pits saved! Donors came forward for the second straight year to save the city of San Diego’s fire pits, which have become a symbol of the city’s endemic budget woes. These donations keep the pits operating until June 2011.
- Mayor Jerry Sanders spent time on KPBS radio yesterday morning. The transcript isn’t up yet, but the audio is.
- Redevelopment agencies across California paid money due to the state yesterday after the agencies lost a lawsuit. And no redevelopment types, including locals, were happy about it.
- San Diego County needs 14 more fire stations, according to a study released last week.
- Finally, City Councilman Carl DeMaio appeared on Fox Business Network again yesterday, talking about his favorite topic: pensions.
— LIAM DILLON