Want the news summarized?
Subscribe to The Morning Report.
Here are Scott Lewis’ five things you need to know about for the week of Nov. 10-16:
- A judge may suspend an Encinitas law giving voters the ability to stop new housing.
- Voter turnout in San Diego County hit a record 65 percent in last week’s midterm election.
- Paul McNamara has taken the lead over incumbent Sam Abed as votes continue to be counted in the Escondido mayoral election.
- The blue wave swept perennial candidate Mike Schaefer into office, despite his checkered past.
- Chris Cate dunked on Carl DeMaio in Twitter feud.
Video not displaying? View it at nbcsandiego.com.
Watch The Friday Five every week on NBC San Diego, Friday nights during the 6 p.m. newscast.