It’s time again for our Elections Contest. Send in your answers to email@example.com, the submission with the most correct answers will win a lunch with us. The June winner has not collected yet and we owe him and it’s probably (definitely) our fault so we will bring him too.
Remember, for the OVER/UNDER decisions, we have put a line on some of these races and your job is to predict whether the candidate mentioned will receive OVER that percentage of the vote or UNDER. Any mistakes or questions left blank are crimes and will not be excused.
We have used very specific analytics to set the lines and we will not be revealing our algorithm, which is proprietary, but you should not be insulted or encouraged by our over/under lines. Really, don’t be.
Anyway, go through the list and send in your answers like this:
- BILL CLINTON
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Sheriff: Choose OVER or UNDER for Kelly Martinez at 53.5 percent.
2. Appraiser/Recorder/Clerk: Choose OVER or UNDER for Jordan Marks at 52 percent.
3. Chula Vista Mayor: Choose OVER or UNDER for Ammar Campa-Najjar at 52 percent.
4. National City Mayor: Choose OVER or UNDER for Ron Morrison at 30 percent.
5. San Diego City Council District 6: Name the winner between TOMMY HOUGH and KENT LEE.
6. Measure B – Trash: Choose OVER or UNDER for Yes on B at 53.8 percent.
7. Measure C – Midway Height Limit: Choose OVER or UNDER for Yes on C at 53.53 percent.
8. Measure D – PLAs: Choose OVER or UNDER for Yes on D at 58.09 percent.
9. Measure U – SD School Bond/Tax: Choose OVER or UNDER for Yes on U at 65.08 percent.
10. SD Unified School Board: Choose OVER or UNDER for Becca Williams at 44 percent.
11. Senate District 38: Name the winner between CATHERINE BLAKESPEAR and MATT GUNDERSON
12. 49th Congressional District: Choose OVER or UNDER for Mike Levin 51.5 percent.